Thursday, April 24, 2014

Newborn Session

Max

In August of 2013, I got to take pictures of my co-worker's newborn boy. He was only 6 and 7 weeks old. I had to split it up over two different sessions because Max was not cooperating with me. The first time I was there he just wanted to sleep. Mommy and I were being VERY mean with the tickles, pinches, and camera. There were LOTS of pictures of a not very happy Max.

So I decided that I would come back to visit at a time that wasn't nap time. Good thing my "day job" is a teacher and I was on summer break. That meant that we could pick a day and I could just wait for the "He's awake, come now" text that Mommy was going to send me. The second sessions went better, as far as getting Max to keep is eyes open. When all was said and done, I had plenty of pictures of Max. I must say, that some of my favorite ones were when he was sleeping. I just love those sleeping babies. How about you??


So cute!!!!


This baseball was a gift at Max's baby shower. One of the Jones daughters (see Photographing Teenagers post) is making a name for herself with softball. Of course she needed to make sure that Max was set on the right track!


Of course not all the pictures were of Max sleeping. Here are some adorable ones that I caught.


The scale that Max is laying on is similar to the same scale that his mom's dad was weighed in.


 Taking pictures of a newborn is hard work, but the results are so precious. Before I left I made sure to get a picture of the adorable little man with both his parents.

Max is growing quickly and still just as adorable. I am not sure when the next time will be that I take pictures of a newborn. But I definitely love that I got the chance to take pictures of Max.

More past sessions to come.

~Amy J. Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment