Thursday, April 24, 2014

Catching Up

Family Time


So, it's been WAY too long since I have been on here. Almost 1 year since the last posted session that I had. And the really sad part is, I have had 3 sessions and a photography class since then and I haven't posted anything. The good news is that at least Facebook hasn't gotten these pictures yet either...LOL.

Last July, my sister came to visit us prior to her convention that she was going to. During that time we took a sisters trip to San Diego to visit our family. One of the days that we were there, we traveled to Balboa Park to take pictures; mostly of Ashley, but of our grandma and great-grandma too. It was a fun time, because I was working with my sister and we could be a little silly. I also could be VERY sarcastic and she wouldn't get too mad ;)

Here are some highlights of that session:






What I didn't realize, was that my sister is a VERY photogenic person. She is so easy to shoot and I want to keep taking pictures. Ashley also loves being in the spotlight, at least with me, and didn't have a problem with me wanting more pictures.

Here is my sister with my great-grandmother (Big Grandma) and my grandmother (Little Grandma).
I gave them those names because I had to distinguish between which grandma and big=older. In actuality, Little Grandma is taller.



At the time of this picture, Big Grandma was a wonderful 97. Now she is just as beautiful at 98! Her and her twin brother are alive and smiling down in San Diego.



This trip was so much fun. The best part was that I got to do it again at Christmas time. My whole family went down for the holidays and while we were there, we were able to take our family pictures (I shot them with my tripod and remote) at Balboa Park. There are such great places to take pictures....John and I should have had some of our wedding pictures taken there.

More posts will come in the next couple of days. I really need to get the pictures up for you to enjoy!!!

~Amy J. Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment