Sunday, April 7, 2013

Photographing Teenagers

Calico Basin, Red Rock Canyon

This was my first time dealing with teenagers during a photo shoot. I am not saying that it was a bad experience, on the contrary, it was actually easier to take their pictures. They would listen and wait for directions, usually without comment =) and I wasn't trying to capture whatever I could. That means that I came home with few pictures per child because there were more usable pictures and less random images.

I got to take pictures of the Jones family. These are some of my favorite kids to hang out with - in fact it was like a Jones weekend!! Madi, Bryce, and Regan were great. We just went up to Calico Basin and walked the little path, taking pictures as we went. Since the Jones kids are older, and I was able to capture more usable images, I had a really tough time finding the images I wanted to showcase here. But, I did finally narrow it down to ten that I will share with you.



 I got the idea for this pose from a picture that my sister and I took about 3 years ago.
Wasn't sure how it would turn out when I took it, glad I did it.




 Doesn't she look like a movie star???
 Twins!
The Charlie's Angels pose was Bryce's idea. Turned out pretty nice.

As I look through the photos I take, I keep thinking that I have some really great subjects to shoot. I am learning and practicing the photography, and I still end up with some amazing shots. It really isn't me, it's the people. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to grow in a talent with my friends.

~Amy J. Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment